Workout Wednesday 1.31.18
So, it's the end of the month and I figured we would take stock of our progress! I started keeping stats December 1st when my weight plateaued postpartum.
So here were my stats when I started this journey were as follows:
- Bicep (R) - 11.5 in
- Thigh (R) - 24.75 in
- Neck - 14 in
- Chest - 45.25 in
- Hip - 42.75 in
- Waist - 38.25 in
- Weight - 194.2 lbs
- Body Fat - 37.0%
And here are my stats as of Monday, January 29th:
- Bicep (R) - 11.75 in (+0.25 in)
- Thigh (R) - 21.5 in (-3.25 in)
- Neck - 13.75 in (-0.25 in)
- Chest - 46 in (+0.75 in)
- Hip - 41.5 in (-1.25 in)
- Waist - 37.0 in (-1.25 in)
- Weight - 189.8 lbs (-4.4lbs)
- Body Fat - 36.6% (-0.4%)
Are these Biggest Loser stats after two months of work? No. But I think some interesting things can be taken away.
- To address the two areas I went up in measurements, I'm kinda ok with these! My arms have always been the weakest area of my body and I'm glad I'm gaining muscle in this area! As far as my chest goes, I don't think this is going to be a reliable stat for fitness until I stop breastfeeding. Let's just be real!
- I think these stats prove why I need to focus on inches lost instead of weight lost. I lost four and a half pounds in two months, which is good! But It's not where I want to be for sure. But look at where I lost the most inches...my hips and my waist! An inch in these areas makes a HUGE difference and I can definitely tell in my clothes.
- I'm very glad I can measure the percent body fat with the scale I have. I am happy to see that I'm going down in this area while hopefully building muscle!
So my goals for February:
- I would like to reach 36% body fat.
- I would like to lose another three pounds to meet my goal of 160 by the end of the year.
- Continue to lose inches in the hips and waist area.
This month will hopefully see me be able to go back to the gym and my personal trainer now that Rea can go into the kids club (she has to be three months). I also have modified my run days to instead walk the south loop of our park which is just under three miles. Read my blog post on why here. But, come mid-February, I'm going to focus on "triathlon" training where I add biking and swimming to my routine (again, due to Rea being able to go into the kids club at the gym).
How are you doing? Are you seeing progress in your fitness journey? Be sure to celebrate the little things and keep moving forward!